In our last interview with Creative Director Michael Masberg on interdisciplinary storytelling, we briefly touched on the fact that European Capitals of Culture (ECOC) change rather slowly. Now, Michael takes us further in having a closer look at the causes and posing two central questions: How can cultural institutions be beacons of digital transformation? And what potential do interdisciplinary collaborations have to address an audience that already lives digitally? In doing so, he will not only look at ECOCs, but expand our view to other cultural institutions such as theatres and museums. The focus here, however, is primarily on Germany.
This week, we interviewed Michael Masberg, our Associate Creative Director and storytelling mastermind. We spoke with him about how his background in theatre, role-playing games and novel writing shapes his approach to story and dramaturgy for bR projects in general, and the Esch2022 launch specifically.
We sat down with Michael Masberg, Associate Creative Director at battleROYAL, and talked about our collaboration with the Hans Christian Andersen Festivals. He shares how this project was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and what perspectives are on the horizon.
- “Mainstreaming should be the goal”: the NFT phenomenon from a consumer’s perspective
- What does the NFT boom mean for the legal rights of artists and buyers?
- How can NFTs enhance the hybrid experience?
- Future Frequencies: Are you the artisan of tomorrow’s experimental soundscape?
- How FOMO got overthrown by FOGO – and what we can do about it