While music is available in abundance thanks to streaming services and consumers being bombarded with new releases from all over the world every day, one sound in particular often remains concealed: The music scene right in front of our own doorstep. What does your own city or even entire region sound like? Who are the people who make music their passion? What instruments and genres do they use? And who is creating the beats of tomorrow at their home? We have found a way to unite these grass-roots sounds of a city and bring them to life: We present Future Frequencies.
Meet our Senior Project Manager Moira Garee who sat down with us on how the pandemic affected her work and the underground music scene around the world. Despite the uncertainty and having to play in empty halls, Moira believes that the last year might have brought some positive changes towards greater inclusion, accountability and equality for creative communities.
You know our Senior Project and Event Manager Thalia Davies from our beloved Symphony of Now – The Hybrid Experience featuring Alex.Do. Now we want to give space to Thalia’s significant expertise and foresight when it comes to the live music and events industry as a whole.
We are excited to share an interview with Tom Bueschemann, CEO of Platoon Global Communications. Tom was leading the onsite concepting and production of the 30th anniversary of German unification event “Garden of Unity” at the German embassy in Seoul, South Korea, where the hybrid experience of our Symphony of Now premiered on October 17, 2020.
Our staff pick this week is an artist whose music is close to our hearts and collaborations: Alex.Do! His in-depth DJ sets are hours-long trips to other locations… Melancholy and a constant gaze inward are omnipresent in his music, earning him a household name in Berlin and across the scene alike.
- The new demands on office architecture – and what battleROYAL Berlin does differently now
- Welcome to the office of the future – how to design a perfect Post-Covid Office
- A How To Guide for Opening Ceremonies: How we created the event of the year with Esch2022 European Capital of Culture.
- How does the sound of a region sound like? Our Future Frequencies initiative has the answer
- battleROYAL Appoints Judith Hoch as Co-CEO: We Revisit Her 10-Year Journey With Us