Meet our Senior Project Manager Moira Garee who sat down with us on how the pandemic affected her work and the underground music scene around the world. Despite the uncertainty and having to play in empty halls, Moira believes that the last year might have brought some positive changes towards greater inclusion, accountability and equality for creative communities.
You know our Senior Project and Event Manager Thalia Davies from our beloved Symphony of Now – The Hybrid Experience featuring Alex.Do. Now we want to give space to Thalia’s significant expertise and foresight when it comes to the live music and events industry as a whole.
Creative Director Jonathan Buckels has been with battleROYAL ever since we started. Creating human moments was and remains to be an essential part of his work. Given his long-term outlook he has on the company’s life and the ongoing changes of our world, we spoke to him about his creative process, how it was affected by the pandemic, and his vision for the future.
We spoke to our Production Manager Ky about how battleROYAL‘s digital shift affected her personal work. Ky‘s experiences exemplify the way in which moving from live to hybrid events had most of our staff reinterpret their role completely.
Team spirit reflected in constructive, enjoyable processes for everyone is what our company stands for. This philosophy was born organically. We simply started as a small group of people who liked working together. What we all had in common and what drew us to battleROYAL, was that we were all looking for enjoyable work.
We all wanted exciting jobs in culture, art, entertainment, design, new technologies, instead of an ordinary desk job. We wanted to combine what we live for with our place of work. This shared passion created our strong community spirit, which became the fuel and foundation of everything we do. When we enlarge the team we therefore try to grasp during the interview stage already, whether people have the passion, flexibility, curiosity to widen a given skill-set, as well as a certain interest in a long-term commitment, which fits our collectivity principle.
- battleROYAL Appoints Judith Hoch as Co-CEO: We Revisit Her 10-Year Journey With Us
- Esch2022 Space Program: Our youth activation campaign rethinking the ways we engage with science, space, and the future itself
- Inside Esch2022’s Future Frequencies: the workshop’s participants discuss the power of creative innovation, and shaping the soundscape of tomorrow
- ESCH2022moves: Activating the boundless kinetic force of our audiences
- The Power of Collaboration: ahead of Esch2022 European Capital of Culture, battleROYAL sits down with Les Enfants Terribles