Our staff pick this week is an artist whose music is close to our hearts and collaborations: Alex.Do! His in-depth DJ sets are hours-long trips to other locations… Melancholy and a constant gaze inward are omnipresent in his music, earning him a household name in Berlin and across the scene alike.
We are celebrating the premiere of ‘Symphony of Now – Hybrid experience with Alex.Do’ with a walk down memory lane. Thalia Davies, Project and Tour Manager at battleROYAL, shares the very beginnings of how this new format came about.
Kicking off a new segment here at battleROYAL, we’re shining a light on artists we admire by sharing our staff picks every week! Denis Kuhnert a.k.a. Kooné with his photoshop-free photography is in our spotlight this week, defying gravity and reality.
We’ve been approached by various clients asking how they can benefit from a digital event format, as well as from the more lavish effects that are being used at live stream events for online audiences. They took their inspiration from events like car launches hosted by Mercedes, BMW and MAN Truck & Bus, and most recently Apple’s virtual WWD conference, which often displays high-end production technology and sophisticated virtual studios common to TV or film sets. However, one of their key concerns seems to be whether these digital solutions are reserved for Fortune 500 companies, or if they can also serve the little guys?
We sat down with Michael Masberg, Associate Creative Director at battleROYAL, and talked about our collaboration with the Hans Christian Andersen Festivals. He shares how this project was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and what perspectives are on the horizon.
- The Power of Collaboration: ahead of Esch2022 European Capital of Culture, battleROYAL sits down with Les Enfants Terribles
- Esch2022 REMIX Festival: a quick dive into inspiring, activating and on-boarding audiences onto the Esch2022 journey
- Shaping Europe’s Future Frequencies: a conversation with workshop mentors Frank Wiedemann and Matthew Herbert
- “Mainstreaming should be the goal”: the NFT phenomenon from a consumer’s perspective
- What does the NFT boom mean for the legal rights of artists and buyers?